- A scribe’s answer about the greatest commandment is impressive. “There is only one God, and there is no other but Him. Also, to love God with all your heart and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself, is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” When Jesus heard the scribe’s answer, He said, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”
- Jesus, upon hearing the scribe’s answer, said, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” Nowadays, the meaning of the gospel seems different from before. “God created us, and if we live according to God’s will (to love our neighbors), we will have eternal life.”
- Verse 38: Jesus warns people about arrogance and hypocrisy. Wearing long robes, receiving greetings in the marketplaces, having the most important seats in the synagogues, and the places of honor at banquets. Jesus summarizes the judgment these types of people will face in the future: “They devour widows’ houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. These men will be punished most severely.”
- After Verse 41: The story of the widow’s offering comes up, explaining the perspective of God who sees the heart of people. The key message is that it’s important to act genuinely in front of God, regardless of what you do.
When I act, God sees my heart, so at least if I’m not ashamed in front of God, I can be free from people’s judgments. What I need to be careful about is, when I intend to act, to discern whether it’s inspired by God or comes from my own desire. Because there’s nothing more dangerous than acting on desires that seem right only in front of God. Therefore, I inevitably seek the guidance and confirmation of the Holy Spirit every day. (My confirmation method: I act on it if I receive confirmation at least three times, considering it as God’s guidance.) Since the Holy Spirit resides in me, as mentioned, I believe He will continue to guide me.
Decide to go to my coworker Joan and explain about my actions on Friday. (Actions that seemed arrogant) If misunderstood, it could appear as if I disregarded Joan. Just because Samantha has been having bad feelings toward Joan recently doesn’t mean I should have the same feelings.
– Done: Went to Joan on 28th Monday to explain the situation.